Bright and herbaceous with a touch of earthiness, this parsley lemon green juice recipe is absolutely loaded with health benefits.
If you love parsley or if you'd like to shed some extra pounds, you've found the right recipe.
Most parsley lemon juice recipes you can find online are pretty boring. They include the two featured ingredients, of course, but usually nothing else. The result may be a solid weight loss aid, but the taste is forgettable.
Our expert chef Ari stepped up and created a parsley lemon green juice that actually tastes good. All by adding just three more ingredients.
Click here to skip straight to the recipe. Read on to learn why we love it.
Why We Love This Parsley Lemon Green Juice
This parsley lemon green juice recipe tastes bright and herbaceous with a touch of earthiness. Here's what chef Ari Sexner had to say about it:
"For this recipe, our goal was to have parsley and its amazing wellness benefits [like weight loss] as the focal point.
The cucumber adds volume and balances the strong flavors, and the lemon is to keep the juice vibrant and it's acidity helps to cut through the flavors.
Spinach adds more nutrients, but also makes it a slightly more vibrant green.
Then finally salt. I like adding salt to my pure vegetable blends because it really brings the flavors forward."
While the taste is great, it arguably takes a back seat to the many health benefits of the fresh ingredients.
With all of these benefits, it's like drinking multiple home remedies in a glass:
- Aids weight loss. The low-calorie and high-nutrient counts make this a great weight loss drink for faster fat loss.
- Supports the immune system. There's a solid amount of vitamin C thanks to the lemon, parsley and spinach.
- High in vitamins and minerals. These include vitamin A, vitamin K, B9-folate and calcium.
- Very low in carbohydrates. Great news if you're on the keto diet or
- Natural diuretic. Lemon water/juice is great for reducing bloating, water retention and excess fluids. The bit of potassium in a bunch of parsley helps as well.
- Antioxidant-rich. Lemon, spinach and cucumber all contain antioxidants your body needs.
- Can help lower blood pressure. Spinach and cucumber are the helpful culprits behind this benefit.
- Can help with blood sugar levels. When consumed with food, lemon juice can slow the conversion of starch to sugar (source).
- Good for detoxing. Lemon juice is a detox all-star.
- May help with kidney stones. Some research suggests that parsley (and parsley-based drinks like this juice or parsley tea) may help prevent kidney stones.
Keep in mind that this gluten-free juice is certainly not the be-all, end-all solution to weight loss. But drinking parsley juice and fresh lemon juice can help you lose weight and burn belly fat faster. Some sources suggest drinking it on an empty stomach to maximize the effects, but that may not be necessary.
As if that wasn't enough, Parsley helps to freshen breath as well!
Equipment note: We used the M-1 commercial juice press to make this juice recipe, but you can use pretty much any type of juicer. Just keep in mind that the quality will always be higher when using a juice press.
Learn more about the industry-leading commercial juicers we use to make our recipes.
- aids weight loss
- supports immune system
- lowers blood pressure
- lowers blood sugar
parsley1.7 oz1 cup chopped parsley
lemon1.8 oz1/2 medium lemon
cucumber10.8 oz1 large cucumber
spinach5.24 oz5 cups spinach
salt (optional)small pinch
Wash and weigh produce.
Quarter the lemon (leaving skin on) and place directly into the press. If you don’t have a cold press juicer, peel the lemon and juice with the rest of the ingredients.
If you have a juice press, grind the remaining ingredients together and press.
Mix in salt to the finished juice (optional).
Your cucumbers should be dark green with minimal to no yellow spots – these spots tend to develop once the cucumber becomes overly ripe.
Juice the cucumber with the peel on (remove if not organic), the peel contains beta-carotene, an important antioxidant that the body converts to Vitamin A.
We used standard parsley, but Italian parsley (aka flat-leaf parsley) is acceptable as well.
Want more recipes for weight loss?
Try one of our other amazing juice recipes: