If you’d like to shed some extra pounds and you’re looking for the best juice for weight loss, you’ve found the right recipe.
Most juices that are good for weight loss you find online are pretty boring. They include the two featured ingredients, of course, but usually nothing else. The result may be a solid weight loss aid, but the taste is forgettable.
Chef Ari stepped up and created a parsley lemon green juice that actually tastes good. All by adding just three more ingredients.
Why We Love This Parsley Lemon Green Juice
This parsley lemon green juice recipe tastes bright and herbaceous with a touch of earthiness. Here’s what chef Ari Sexner had to say about it:
“For this recipe, our goal was to have parsley and its amazing wellness benefits [like weight loss] as the focal point. The cucumber adds volume and balances the strong flavors, and the lemon is to keep the juice vibrant and it’s acidity helps to cut through the flavors. Spinach adds more nutrients, but also makes it a slightly more vibrant green. Then finally salt. I like adding salt to my pure vegetable blends because it really brings the flavors forward.”
While the taste is great, it arguably takes a back seat to the many health benefits of the fresh ingredients.
With all of these benefits, it’s like drinking multiple home remedies in a glass:
- Aids weight loss. The low-calorie and high-nutrient counts make this a great weight loss drink for faster fat loss.
- Supports the immune system. There’s a solid amount of vitamin C thanks to the lemon, parsley and spinach.
- High in vitamins and minerals. These include vitamin A, vitamin K, B9-folate and calcium.
- Very low in carbohydrates. Great news if you’re on the keto diet or
- Natural diuretic. Lemon water/juice is great for reducing bloating, water retention and excess fluids. The bit of potassium in a bunch of parsley helps as well.
- Antioxidant-rich. Lemon, spinach and cucumber all contain antioxidants your body needs.
- Can help lower blood pressure. Spinach and cucumber are the helpful culprits behind this benefit.
- Can help with blood sugar levels. When consumed with food, lemon juice can slow the conversion of starch to sugar.
- Good for detoxing. Lemon juice is a detox all-star.
- May help with kidney stones. Some research suggests that parsley (and parsley-based drinks like this juice or parsley tea) may help prevent kidney stones.
Keep in mind that this gluten-free juice is certainly not the be-all, end-all solution to weight loss. But drinking parsley juice and fresh lemon juice can help you lose weight and burn belly fat faster. Some sources suggest drinking it on an empty stomach to maximize the effects, but that may not be necessary.
As if that wasn’t enough, Parsley helps to freshen breath as well!
Want More Recipes for Weight Loss?
Try one of our other amazing juice recipes: