Inflammation is a menace.
Research has shown that chronic inflammation can lead to a number of diseases and health conditions. It is associated with heart disease, diabetes, cancer, arthritis, bowel diseases (like Crone’s) and much more.
Luckily, there’s a way you can fight back. We have learned that an anti-inflammatory diet is one of the best ways to fight off inflammation for good.
Over five years ago, I was diagnosed with a joint disorder that is a type of degenerative arthritis and was told the only way I could get relief from the pain is to have surgery. Not wanting to go that route, I started researching how to heal naturally with diet.
For the last two years, I have been drinking my anti-inflammatory shot recipe every morning (pineapple, green apple, lemon and ginger) and my joint pain is virtually non existent. I know it works, because if I skip more than a day, the pain comes back.
I asked expert chef Ari Sexner to come up with a powerful anti-inflammatory green juice recipe based on my shot recipe. He explains how he did it:
“For this blend, our focus was to take Robin’s daily inflammation fighter shot recipe (pineapple, green apple, ginger and lemon) and adjust it to become more of a juice rather than a shot.
To do this we adjusted the ratios of sweetness from the green apple and pineapple, and used cucumber and celery to tone down and balance out the flavor. Then we added spinach to make it slightly more vibrant green, and kept a touch of lemon to keep it green though its shelf life.”
(Chef Ari also came up with 7 recipes for our free How to do a Juice Cleanse ebook, which is worth getting just for the recipes. Grab your ebook here!)
Why We Love This Anti-Inflammatory Juice Recipe
This fresh juice recipe (obviously) reduces inflammation, but guess what? It tastes amazing too.
Chef Ari did a great job choosing natural anti-inflammatory foods that work well together when juiced. The result is a crisp juice with an almost-addicting blend of sweet fruits and tasty veggies.
The many health benefits of this gluten-free juice include:
- Reduces inflammation (obviously). Every ingredient has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Rich in antioxidants. Every ingredient also has different antioxidants (like potassium) that your body needs.
- Supports immune system health. There is a ton of immune-boosting vitamin C in this anti-inflammatory drink.
- High in vitamins and minerals. These include vitamin K, vitamin A, vitamin B9-Folate and beta-carotene.
- Can lower blood pressure and sugar. Apples are great for this.
- Assists with weight loss goals. Most juice recipes are good for weight loss, and this one is no exception.
- Good for detox. Ginger and lemon are detoxing staples.
- High in bromelain. Pineapple is super rich in this protein-digesting enzyme that can help reduce inflammation.
All that in one glass. Great deal, right?
Note: 7 tasty and healthy juice recipes are yours when you get the free How to do a Juice Cleanse ebook! If you're interested in doing a juice cleanse, this book is a valuable resource for you. But even if you're not planning a cleanse anytime soon, the recipes alone make it worth grabbing.
What Foods Reduce Inflammation?
Here is a nice list of anti-inflammatory foods (including links to relevant juicer recipes, when available):
- Berries (recipe: Berry Explosion Juice)
- Oranges (recipe: Carrot Pineapple Orange Juice)
- Cherries (recipe: Homemade Cherry Limeade)
- Grapes (recipe: Grape Lemon Pear Juice)
- Avocados (recipe: Sweet Pea Microgreen Smoothie)
- Other fruits
- Leafy greens like spinach and kale (recipe: The Best Healthy Green Juice)
- Broccoli (recipe: Broccoli Carrot Juice)
- Turmeric (recipe: Juice Shot with Turmeric)
- Dark chocolate and cocoa
- Olive oil
Inflammatory Foods to Avoid
Here is a quick list of common foods that cause inflammation:
- Fried foods
- Refined carbs
- Processed meats