Looking for a creamy and non-dairy milk recipe? This pecan milk ticks both of those boxes!
This pecan milk recipe is meant to mirror the taste of pecan pie. Rich and buttery pecans combine with maple syrup, molasses and vanilla to create a healthy, dessert-like treat in a glass.
Let’s talk about the general health benefits before diving into the pecan milk recipe.
Homemade Pecan Milk Health Benefits
Starting with the obvious: this nut milk recipe is dairy-free, gluten-free, paleo, and vegan. It’s also fairly low-carb, with maple syrup serving as the sole sweetener.
Pecans are a powerhouse when it comes to health benefits. Here’s a smattering of what pecan milk can do for you:
- Contains thiamin, iron, vitamin B6, manganese, magnesium, zinc, and copper.
- Improves cardiovascular health.
- Supports digestion.
- Promotes weight loss and healthy skin.
- Prevents hair loss.
- Lowers blood pressure.
- Reduces inflammation.
- Improves bone strength.
- Reduces risk of stroke and breast cancer.
See more pecan nutrition facts here.
Related recipe: Classic Almond Milk
We used a high-speed blender and one of our Goodnature juice presses to make this recipe. However, you can also use:
- The grinder on your Goodnature juicer, or a food processor instead of a blender.
- A mesh strainer (like a cheesecloth, nut milk bag, or even a thin dish towel) instead of the juice press.