Submissions for the 2019 contest have closed. Meet the 2019 contestants and judges here.
Mission of the Goodnature World Juicing Championship
The WJC has been developed to help encourage creativity in the juicing world and show the food and beverage industry that juicing can be exciting and fun. Too often we see the same basic recipes being re-used by hundreds of juice companies and restaurants, with few really pushing the boundaries and experimenting. For years, there have been countless culinary and coffee competitions to push creativity, now it’s time for the juice industry to step up and join the movement!
How we gauge success
We believe that if the Goodnature WJC is successful, it will raise awareness for juice and get the attention of creative chefs, restaurateurs, and bartenders. Juice will become available in more places, pushing it into the forefront of the culinary world. This competition will ultimately increase demand for juice world-wide and improve the health of millions of people.
Goodnature will be selecting five contestants that will compete in a juicing competition in front of hundreds of people and recorded on video to live on the internet. The contestants will have a chance to win thousands of dollars in cash and prizes, and the overall champion will be awarded a fully upgraded Goodnature M-1! See below for how to participate.
Goal of Goodnature WJC 2019
Encourage creativity in juicing and increase the consumption of juice during the winter months in cold weather climates.
Each contestant will craft and name the following beverages (3 servings of each, one for each judge):
- Bottled juice.
- Composed juice in a glass with garnish.
- Cocktail including pressed juice and distilled spirits. (Non-alcoholic spirits optional).
Each drink will be judged by a panel of judges on a 1-10 rating systems based upon:
- Visual appeal / Presentation
- Application Of Theme
Totals will be added up at the end to establish winners in each category.
Goodnature will present 4 AWARDS:
- Best bottled juice
- Best composed juice drink
- Best cocktail
- Best overall – WJC Champion
- All contestants will receive a signed copy of The Juicing Companion, Goodnature gear, and other sponsored gifts.
- First place of each drink category (3 prizes) – $1,000 cash
- Best overall – Goodnature M-1 commercial juice press, the title and trophy of the Goodnature WJC Champion, 2019.
- Contestants must apply using the WJC application form, and Goodnature will choose five contestants by Oct 9, 2019.
- Contestants must use ingredients only from the Goodnature WJC Ingredients List and submit their three recipes to us by Friday, November 1st, 2019. This will enable us to have the ingredients available at the venue.
- Each contestant will be given 30 minutes to create their juices, and 10 minutes to present them on stage to the judges on November 9th at JuiceCon 2019 in Miami. If extra time is needed for preparation, contestants can do some prep earlier in the day.
- All recipes must include juice created on a Goodnature juice press (X-1 Mini or M-1). Contestants may also use other types of equipment like blenders or mixers if requested by Nov 2. Equipment will be provided at the venue.
- The winners will be announced and awarded immediately following the competition on Nov 9th.
(these are suggestions only!)
- Juices containing winter varieties of produce like root vegetables – or whatever ingredients are in season during winter in your region.
- Warm beverages such as nut milks and ciders. Contestants can use espresso steamers to heat the beverages (make sure to request equipment prior to event).
- Ingredients or garnishes symbolic of the holidays – nutmeg, cinnamon, etc.
- Cold icy drinks that are reminiscent of winter.
- Contribute to the juicing and culinary worlds by encouraging creativity and fun.
- Earn the trophy of the Goodnature World Juicing Champion.
- Win cash and prizes.
How to Participate
- Submit the Goodnature WJC contestant application.
- Goodnature will review all applications and select five contestants by October 9th, 2019, one month before the competition.
- If you are chosen to compete, you must purchase a Goodnature WJC only ticket for $50 or a full JuiceCon 2019 ticket for $899. Learn more at the JuiceCon ticket page.
How to Attend
There are two ways to attend: