Looking for the best juicer machine? You’ve come to the right place! In this review, we will cover the best juicers for home and the best commercial juicer machines.
The Best Cold-Press Juicers for Home
M-1 Cold-Press Juicer
The M-1 is a true cold press and makes the highest quality and best tasting juice available. Even though the M-1 is a commercial juicer, it is used and loved by serious home juicers worldwide. If you have the space and the budget for it, you will find this juicer to be the most enjoyable and rewarding juicing experience possible.
Goodnature customer Cynthia, who juices at home in Maine, has this to say about her M-1:
“Beautiful to look at, easy to clean, easy to use. I have had many juicers over the years and nothing compares to the taste of juice from this juicer. We now have juice a few times a day. For me this is healthcare. I wish every household could have one! Really life changing!!!”
Other Home Juicers Marketed as “Cold Press” The juicer machines below might be marketed as “cold press” when in fact they do not contain a press and are not a true cold press. If your budget does not allow for a true cold press like the Goodnature M-1, you may find one of these slow juicers with masticating technology to suffice.
As an Amazon Associate, Goodnature earns from qualifying purchases, at no added cost to you.
Omega MM900HDS Slow Masticating Juicer
The Omega MM900HDS is a low speed masticating juicer that is marketed as a “cold press slow juicer”. This is not a true cold press since it doesn’t contain a press, although it is “cold” since it doesn’t heat up the juice much. This juicer extracts at a speed of 80 RPM, minimizing heat build-up and oxidation. This juicer works particularly well with celery and is endorsed by Anthony William, The Medical Medium. Omega has a solid history of manufacturing durable machines.
Kuvings Whole Slow Juicer
The Kuvings Whole Slow Juicer features a three-inch chute, allowing you to juice whole fruit with less prep time than many other masticating juicers. Utilizing low-speed masticating technology, this juicer crushes fruits and vegetables at 60 RPM, preserving healthy enzymes and delaying oxidation. Similar to other masticating juicers, this is not a true cold press since it doesn’t actually press the fruit and veggies.
Nama Vitality 5800 Cold Press Juicer
The Nama Vitality 5800 Cold Press Juicer has been developed in partnership with juicing Guru, Joe Cross, and one of the world’s best slow juicer manufacturers. This juicer uses Hurom’s Alpha+ Technology, Nama’s “Pure Press Technology”, and a super slow RPM of 43 to achieve what is thought to be one of the best masticating juicers available. This juicer is endorsed by Fully Raw Kristina. Despite the marketing language, this is not a true press since it doesn’t contain an actual press. All of the juicing is done in the masticating / grinding step.
Quick Comparison: The Best Commercial Cold-Press Juicers for 2022
Here’s a quick rundown of the top 3 commercial-grade juicer picks (keep scrolling for more details):
- M-1 Cold-Press Juicer Details: Makes high-quality juice, one glass at a time. The smallest of the 3 Goodnature juicers is perfect for juice bars, restaurants, cocktail bars, new juice businesses and serious home juice lovers.
- X-1 Mini Cold-Press Juicer Details: Make high quality juice in large batches. The X-1 Mini is a step up from the M-1 in terms of size and output. It’s perfect for juice bars producing bottled cold-pressed juice, juice delivery companies and restaurants/bars with a high demand for juice.
- X-1 Cold-Press Juicer Details: Make high quality juice in extremely large batches. The X-1 is perfect for companies that want to make a lot of juice quickly with minimal prep and labor time.
Note that each of these juicers can make more than fresh juice. You can also make nut milk, salad dressing and more, all without fear of clogging the juicer machine.
The M-1 Cold-Press Juicer Machine
Perfect for juice bars, restaurants, cocktail bars, new juice businesses and serious home juice makers. The M-1 is built specifically for making the highest quality juice on-demand, one 16-20 ounce glass at a time. You can expect to make around 15 servings of nutritious juice per hour (including prep and cleanup).
- Small enough to fit on home countertops or in busy bars/restaurants.
- No need to cut or peel most whole fruits and vegetables before juicing with large feed chute.
- Move from one recipe to another (without cleaning) in a matter of seconds.
- Cut down on labor time and protect your customers from food-borne illnesses with compostable, biodegradable press bags.
- Keeps juice protected from contamination and the operator from injury.
- Elegant design with sweeping curves and rugged materials.
- Several color options to choose from.
Chef Brian Howard, owner and chef of Sparrow + Wolf Las Vegas has this to say about the M-1:
“It allows us to create new ways to bring ingredients to our guests through cold pressed sauces, ceviches, cold-pressed cocktails. So we love the M-1…we stand behind it.”
The X-1 Mini Commercial Cold-Press Juicer Machine
Perfect for juice bars, juice delivery businesses and bottled juice businesses. The X-1 Mini is a step up from the M-1 in terms of size and output, but the high-quality remains the same. With the X-1 Mini, you can produce around 60 servings of juice per hour, with up to 65 ounces per batch.
- No need to cut or peel most whole fruits and veggies before juicing with large feed chute.
- Simple one-button operation as the X-1 Mini intelligently adjusts its pressure and speed.
- Compostable, biodegradable press bags that cut down on labor time and protect your customers from food-borne illnesses.
- Keeps juice protected from contamination and the operator from injury.
- Elegant design that is functional and beautiful.
- Larger than the M-1, but small enough to fit uncrowded spaces.
The founder of the massive juicing brand Suja, Eric Ethans, has this to say about the X-1 Mini:
“I wish we had the X-1 Mini when we started Suja. We could have made a lot more juice in a lot less time. This is the perfect juicer for a startup.”
Learn More About The X-1 Mini →
The X-1 Commercial Cold-Press Juicer Machine
Perfect for companies that want to produce a lot of juice quickly with minimal preparation and labor time. The X-1 is a beast of a machine that is used by successful cold-pressed juice, nut milk and cider producers in more than 70 countries. Capable of making 1,000 bottles of juice per day with a max juice yield of up to 40 gallons per hour.
- Makes a large amount of juice very fast.
- Industrial quality and durability.
- Designed and built using heavy duty stainless steel and proprietary hydraulic components.
- Keeps your staff safe with intuitive safety features.
- Easy to clean with quick-removable parts.
Founder of Moon Juice Amanda Chantel Bacon has this to say about the X-1:
“We started the whole company on one machine, that in itself should say it all! After trial and error, I know that Goodnature is the absolute best in the game.”
Juicer Buying Guide
Let’s go over the fundamental facts about juicer machines.
Types of Juicers
There are four main types of juicers:
When you read up on the juicing process for centrifugal juicers, it will be clear why the product is lower quality. This juicer forces the produce towards and through a sharp screen by a moving blade with sharp teeth that produces the juice at a high speed around 6,000-14,000 RPM. This high-speed creates heat and oxidation which damages nutrients.
This is one of the most common household juicers on the market (made by companies like Breville and Cuisinart). It provides consumers with a quick, easy juice that is made for instant consumption. The juice that is made from a centrifugal juicer tends to break down quickly and includes up to 30% solids including skins, seeds, and stems. Some juice businesses still use centrifugal juicers made by brands like Nutrifaster or Robot Coupe.
Masticating Juicer (Slow Juicer)
The juice extraction process is a bit better (but still not great) for masticating juicers. Fruits and veggies are pushed through a chute and, at a low speed, are squeezed and forced through a sharp strainer screen at 80-100 RPM. The result is a juice high in solids with lots of indigestible fiber. Thick and foamy, juice from a slow masticating juicer tends to break down more slowly than the juice made from a centrifugal juicer, but still much faster than a real press.
These juice extractors (made by companies like Tribest and Kuvings), can be ideal for people juicing at home that do not mind the extensive cleaning process and plan to make juice that is intended to be served immediately. Masticating juicers are also known as auger juicers or slow juicers.
Similar to the other juicers, twin-gear juicers (made by companies like Greenstar) slowly extract juice from produce by forcing the plants up against a sharp screen at 80-120 RPM with less heat and oxidation than centrifugal. The juice is a pulpy, foamy product that can be bitter to taste and has a thick and chunky mouth-feel.
Again, these juicers can be ideal for people juicing at home that do not mind the extensive cleaning process and plan to make juice that is intended to be served immediately. Twin-Gear juicers have two augers and can make baby food, nut butters and ice cream/sorbet.
A real juice press (like a Goodnature commercial cold press juicer) is the best juicer on the market for creating true cold-press juice. This press creates the most amount of juice with around 99% liquid and less than 1% pulp. It also makes juice with the longest shelf life (around 3-5 days, maximum 7 days, depending on recipe and other factors) due to its press technology, resulting in minimal heat and oxidation.
Main Benefits of a Cold-Press Juicer
Compared to the non-press types of juicers explained above, cold-press juicers made by Goodnature will make your juicing experience better in 5 major ways:
- Longest possible shelf life for raw juice
- More nutritious juice
- Better juice yield for the produce you buy
- Easier to clean
- All indigestible fiber is removed for superior juice
The result is the world’s greatest juice!
Compare the best commercial cold-press juicers here →
Note: Looking for juicing recipes for your new juicer?