This procedure will guide you through the steps to installing or replacing a shredder dic on your Goodnature EG-260.
Procedure for Installing or Replacing a Shredder Disc
- Make sure the machine is powered off and unplugged.
- Remove hopper assembly by removing the four black hopper knobs.
- While holding firmly onto the white backing plate disc, remove shredder plate knob (triangular shaped object), doing so will enable you to remove the entire backing plate and shredder disc assembly from the drive hub.
- After this assembly has been removed, loosen, do not remove, the 8 screws which hold the shredder plate disc in place.
- Once these screws have been loosened, carefully turn the shredder plate disc counterclockwise and lift it off the backing plate. Caution: the shredder disc surface is very sharp, do not use the cutting surfaces to turn the disc as this may cause injury.
- With the disc off, place your new shredder disc on the backing plate and turn it clockwise to secure it in place, then tighten all 8 of the screws tightly. Make certain that the raised cutting surface is facing away from the backing disc.
- Place the backing plate assembly on to the drive hub, re-attach the shredder plate knob and tighten firmly holding onto the backing plate as you tighten the knob. Spin the backing plate assembly to make sure it spins freely.
- Place the hopper assembly on the unit, re-attach the four black knobs on the four posts and tighten. Be sure not to over tighten the four knobs as over tightening will make it difficult to remove the hopper assembly in the future when you clean your unit.