Watch the video for an overview of setting up your X-1 Mini and follow the guide below for step-by-step general instruction.
Cleaning the X-1 Mini Pro can be done in-place without complicated processes or special tools. Simply rinse between recipes if needed, or do a deep cleaning by removing the parts by hand and cleaning like any other kitchen equipment—wash, rinse, sanitize.
Disassembly and Cleaning the Parts
- With the machine “ON” and all components still assembled, press the SINGLE button and allow the press rod to extend. Once extended, lift the grinder to the “Up” position to stop the press. Clean the press rod with a wet cloth then wipe dry. Press the STOP button to retract the press rod.
- Press the power switch to the “OFF” position, disassemble the grinder and place parts aside. For detailed disassembly instructions, follow the steps in the “Assembly” section of the manual in reverse.
- We recommend rinsing the grinder in the “Down” position while the press chamber and an empty juice container are in-place. The dirty water will collect in the juice container. Doing this step now will make cleaning the machine easier.
- Remove the press chamber with moving platen and juice container.
- Take all parts to sink for washing and follow local health regulations for cleaning. This usually involves washing, rinsing, and sanitizing.
For Machines Manufactured January 2022 and Later
For Machines Manufactured Prior to January 2022
- Leave pitcher in place until grinder base is wiped clean, this will minimize mess.
- Wipe any remaining produce out of the grinder base.
- Lower the shredder base to the “Down” position. Rinse the shredder base with water, it should collect in the pitcher. Remove pitcher and wipe down the machine.
NOTICE: Cleaning with a high power jet may cause damage to the machine.
Follow manufacturer’s instructions for use of chemicals for cleaning and sanitizing food contact surfaces and verify that they are approved by your local health authority.
Wash, rinse, and sanitize all food contact surfaces of cold press juicer:
- After each use.
- Any time contamination occurs or is suspected.
- At a minimum of once every four hours while the machine is in use.
Wash, rinse, and sanitize food contact surfaces in adherence to local health regulations. We recommend the following procedure:
- Wash surface with detergent solution.
- Rinse surface with clean water.
- Sanitize surface using a sanitizing solution mixed at a concentration specified on the manufacturer’s label.
- Place wet items in a manner to allow air drying.
To Deep Clean
Depending on your cleaning procedures and produce build up over time, you might need to detail the equipment to remove build-up.
- We recommend soaking removable parts (all except the hopper) in a solution of 3 oz of Lime-B-Gone per gallon of hot water (manufacturer’s recommendation for utensil cleaning) for a maximum of one hour.
- Rinse and scrub with a cleaning brush to remove any remaining residue.
For more detailed information on setting up the X-1 Mini, refer to the X-1 Mini Owner's Manual. For product and ordering information, visit the X-1 Mini Pro product page. To order new parts and press bags, visit the X-1 Mini parts page.