This procedure will guide you through the steps to troubleshoot the immobility of the movable platen on your Goodnature X-1.
A cursory examination of your X-1 press will eliminate or suggest why the movable platen on your machine won’t move when power is applied.
Note: Prior to performing the below procedure, a qualified electrician should be consulted to make sure you have proper incoming power (Incoming power should be 208-230vac).
Follow these steps to troubleshoot the issue:
1. Check the flow control valve. If it is fully closed, the press will not operate. Make sure it is turned at least one full revolution counterclockwise from the fully closed position.
2. Make sure all of the wires to the X-1 switch box and hydraulic pump motor are secured.
3. Turn the machine on, check to make sure the motor’s fan blade is rotating in the clockwise direction. If the motor does not turn on or is rotating the incorrect direction have electrician inspect wiring or reverse wiring on the motor.
4. Check the hydraulic fluid level in the hydraulic tank. It should be about 1 inch from the top of the tank with the cylinders retracted (press in the open position).
5. Turn the machine on and check for hydraulic fluid leaks on all of the lines and at their connections to the tank, hydraulic pistons and directional valve.
6. With the machine turned on and the flow control valve open and with the directional lever handle turned to the right, the platen should begin to move towards the closed position. If the press still does not move, most probable reason is the directional valve has become misaligned. See video for alignment.