This procedure will guide you through the steps to troubleshoot why the press will not move on your Goodnature SX-280.
There are a few reasons that your SX-280 platen will not move in one direction or both directions. For the purpose of this article, it is assumed that the SX-280 press is plugged in to an operational receptacle that has been verified by qualified personnel and the motor is operational. Take the following steps to troubleshoot the issue:
Troubleshooting and Repairing
- With the directional switch in the neutral position turn on the motor.
- Place the two dump stops into their closed positions. Black levers should be horizontal.
- Press and hold the “Raise 1” button. While holding the button observe the pressure gauge, it should read approximately 2300 psi. If the gauge does not read 2300 psi, adjust pressure relief valve. If little to no pressure is achievable the pressure relief valve needs to be cleaned or replaced. The pressure relief valve is located in the manifold block just behind the stacking directional valves.
- Now that the system hydraulic pressure has been verified/adjusted, place the directional switch into the forward/reverse position and be certain to open the flow control valves for both directions completely. Does the platen move?
- If the platen moves, allow it travel to the closed position and build up pressure. In the forward position the gauge should read 1800 psi, in the reverse position the gauge should read 2200 psi. If either direction reads differently than these values, the stacking relief valve needs adjusting.
- If the platen does not move, have qualified personnel inspect the solenoid on the directional valve. The directional valve for forward and reverse is the lower valve mounted to the manifold block. It is recommended that two replacement solenoids be kept in stock to avoid excessive downtime.
For additional technical support needs, contact our technical support team. To order new parts and press bags, visit the SX-280 parts page.