This procedure will guide you through the steps to troubleshoot why your press will not lift and dump on your Goodnature SX-280.
There are a few reasons that your SX-280 press area will not lift up and dump. For the purpose of this article, it is assumed that the SX-280 press is plugged in to an operational receptacle that has been verified by qualified personnel and the motor is operational.
Troubleshooting and Repairing the Issue:
- With the directional switch in the neutral position turn on the motor.
- Place the two dump stops into their closed positions. The black levers should be horizontal.
- Press and hold the “Raise 1” button. While holding the button observe the pressure gauge, it should read approximately 2300 psi.
- If the gauge does not read 2300 psi, adjust pressure relief valve.
- If little to no pressure is achievable the pressure relief valve needs to be cleaned or replaced. The pressure relief valve is located in the manifold block just behind the stacking directional valves.
- Now that the pressure has been properly set/verified and the dump stops are open, does the press area raise? If the press area does not raise, have qualified personnel inspect the solenoid on the directional valve. The directional valve for raising the press area is the upper valve mounted to the manifold block. It is recommended that two replacement solenoids be kept in stock to prevent excessive downtime.