Watch the video for an overview of setting up your X-1 and follow the guide below for step-by-step general instruction.
- Inspect for physical damage, electrical damage, or any loose or bare wires. Make sure there are no loose nuts, bolts, or any other fasteners.
- Insert plastic press racks into press, hanging them on the four platen stems.
- Insert and hang press bag. There are two positions for the bag.
- Grinding Position: The two rear bag grommets are hung on the moving platen stems, the two other grommets are hung on the grinder stems. This position helps reduce the amount of mist and splatter during grinding. (Fig 3.1)
- Pressing Position: The two rear bag grommets are hung on the moving platen stems, the two other grommets are hung on the stationary platen stems. The result is an open bag that can be easily inspected. (Fig 3.2)
You can find other instructional videos on our youtube channel.
For more detailed information on operating your X-1, refer to the X-1 Owner's Manual. For product and ordering information, visit the X-1 product page. To order new parts and press bags, visit the X-1 parts page.