Follow these 6 steps to make cold-pressed orange juice or pomegranate juice using the Goodnature X-1:
- Wash fruit in cold water with your produce wash of choice, let air dry.
- Cut each piece of fruit in half. Do not grind.
- Prepare your press by opening it just enough that 1-2 pieces of fruit will fit in the gap between the press plates (see videos for example).
- Place the fruit in the press.
- Press slowly and keep at full pressure until the juice flows to a slow drip.
- Bottle and refrigerate immediately.
Q: What yield should be expected?
A: For each large orange or pomegranate, you should produce around 6-8 oz of juice.
Q: Will the juice taste bitter because of the skin and hair?
A: No, the juice should taste nice and sweet. Using this method of cutting the fruit in half (not grinding), we are only allowing a minimal amount of oil from the rind to make it into the juice. If the juice tastes bitter it is most likely because you used unripe / bitter fruit.