Juice Recipe – Mountain Doo
A fruity green juice. Yield: 13-18 16 oz (500 ml) bottles of juice. Yield varies depending on produce.
This is a recipe we like to use when we give demonstrations on the Goodnature X1. It uses a nice range of fruit and vegetables, showing the capabilities of the machine, and it tastes good. Some think it tastes a like a healthy version of Mountain Dew soda.
Ingredients and preparation:
- 10 lbs green apples – Wash and peel off any stickers
- 5 lbs kale – Wash
- 5 lbs celery – Cut off dirty base, wash
- 1 whole pineapple – Remove stem, cut into quarters, wash (do not remove rind)
- 5 lemons – wash and remove stickers, removing the rind is optional
- 1 lb ginger – break into chunks about the size of an apple
Grinder and press settings:
- Grinder – 1/4″ blade
- Grinder speed – 45Hz
- Bag – Medium weave
When putting the produce down the chute of the grinder, it is best to alternate greens and the softer fruits like apples. The greens grind better this way and the end result is more juice. Leave 2 or 3 apples for the very end, as apples do a good job at cleaning the grinder blade and pushing any bits of greens or ginger through that didn’t make it.